Thursday, August 8, 2013

38 weeks: I can wait!

I haven't done a great job at blogging this pregnancy. However, I've tried to keep up with the "belly book"
And Facebook pictures. 

In the middle of the pregnancy (about 30 weeks) I was feeling horrible! I was so uncomfortable. My back was hurting so badly that I had to walk with a cane. I was seeing my chiro twice a week and a physical therapist once a week! One day, on my way in church, I realized that I wasn't hurting at all!!! So for the past month or so, I have felt pretty great! 

We are slowly but surely getting the nursery put together. Almost everything is handmade. Here's a pic and a list of what I made. 
- bed skirt
- Pom Poms in the corner 
- name and banner over his bed
- garland over the closet
- curtains 

I have some frames that I spray painted with cute little prints I found online and some maternity pictures. Then I got these awesome shelves and some "vintage" toys from Craigslist that we will also decorate the walls with. Not sure when that will get done but he will be in our room for a while so we have time. 

I still need a rocker, and a small side table. Hopefully those will come soon! 

Yesterday, I had a little scare with my blood pressure. I couldn't get it to come down. This was an average BP for me yesterday. I knew that if I called my OB, he would admit and induce immediately. But I wanted a chance to get the BP back down. So I called Miss Tami Good, since she's gonna act as my doula during the labor and deliver. 
She brought me some things to try and this morning I was back at 127/87! WAY better and I still have a chance to let Remington come when he's ready!! 

I'm towards the end now and I just think my body is "getting ready". Doc says that I'm at a "3 almost 4" and 50%.... Which sounds encouraging until he also said I could walk around like that for a month!  

This morning I just realized that I CAN WAIT! I can! My doc would induce if I wanted, he will wait if I want.... And I want to wait. I want to labor at home for hrs then head in, push a baby out, and relax in the hospital for a couple days! 
That's the plan anyway. ;) 

Due date is the 23rd and mom and dad are coming on the 29th and I'll be fine if he comes before the 29th... I think I'll start getting a little anxious if he's not her by then! 

Until then I plan on getting pedicures every three weeks. Here's my latest and favorite (the toes are a little sausage like, sry) 

On the list for this week: 
- EDIT PICTURES for last photo shoots
- keep up with kitchen, laundry, dinner, and just "mom duties"
- put up shelves
- make hospital gown
- get a car seat (we have one but not one that goes with the stroller) 
- pack the hospital gown

Oh and here's our new double stroller!! The biggest baby splurge we've ever made. So exciting!  River loves his seat and this thing can make up to 14 different configurations.  It's pretty fancy and I'm so happy with it. 

That's all for now. Maybe the next blog will be about meeting baby Remington! 

No comments:

Post a Comment