Friday, March 15, 2013

Suggestions: River's Bday

We don't really have THAT many toys.  For a home daycare and a two yr old, I've been pretty impressed with how we've kept the toys to one small room in our house.  However, I can't think of what to get River for his second Birthday.

Originally I was to get him an outdoor play set! It was the PERFECT gift and I was [am] really excited about it.

However, my mother-in-law (after finding out that is what we wanted for him) went ahead and bought him this one

I won't go into that situation too much.... at least we don't have to spend money on it now, I guess.  But I would really love to get him something just as exciting.

Anyway, that is the situation and now I don't know what to get him.  I'd LOVE some suggestions from you all as I know most of you had experience with kidos.  Keep in mind that we don't have alot of space. Our small playroom is full, and the outdoor toys are nice, but just seem to get dirty and yucky in a matter of days when not played with.  Also, remember that he is behind physically.... honestly, he can't even go down the slide that my MIL bought him.

SOOOOO, any suggestions?  What did/ do your kids love at the toddler stage.




2 comments:

  1. If you want to stick with gross motor development toys that toddlers love, this site has a great list of suggestions.
    http://wecandoallthings.blogspot.com/2012/05/our-favorite-gross-motor-toys.html
    We have a yoga ball and the large building blocks that are mentioned. We just keep the blocks stacked against a wall, and you only need 10-12 to play with. They're cheap at Walgreens! I would LOVE to get the small trampoline, but we haven't found the funding for that one yet. ;) I'm also getting a Sit 'n' Spin for Logan soon--suggested by his OT and PT. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kole broke everything at the toddler stage within a matter of a few days...lol. Plus, I was forever ago so I can't remember. But I do like the idea of a mini trampoline. Not so much on the small side, I realize. But they make them with the bar you can hold onto and I know that Lyla LOVED hers at christmas time. Maybe look for one that folds up and can be easily stashed away.

    Or you know what? He won't remember this at ALL! It is totally for your own benefit to buy him something exciting....and more power to ya. But please don't think you are going to scar him for life if you go with dollar store toys. He will love to play with something new...even if it cost a dollar=). I know you already know this but I just had to say it.

    ReplyDelete