Friday, March 1, 2013

The [roller coaster] story of baby #2

I thought it was about time to write a blog about Baby Basnett #2

So far 2013 has been a very fast year!  The most exciting news is that we are expecting our second child. I haven't shared "The Story" in any public forum so for those of you that would like to hear about it; here is:

On October 15th, sadly, we had a miscarriage at 8 weeks.  We were very sad, but ready to start trying again, the doctor said that I needed to wait three months..... we waited two-ish.  I found out December 10th and shared with Todd and family the first day we were home for Christmas.  I was only 6 weeks at the time and still very nervous.  While we were home, I had some symptoms that lead me to believe that I was having another miscarriage. It was a VERY emotional time for us.  I was so thankful that I was with my family at this time.  I scheduled an ultrasound for the day after we returned and surprisingly, THERE WAS A HEARTBEAT!  We were excited again!  For two weeks everything was great.

Then on January 19th, I was in the ER just CERTAIN that I was in the process of miscarrying. There were many more tears, until we saw the heartbeat again! I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage,  put on modified bed rest and told the baby was healthy and growing, but that the hemorrhage could cause a miscarriage.

This was a picture from Jan 19th when we realized that we had a healthy baby! They gave us a 3D ultrasound of a very little baby. pretty cool.

It is difficult to be on modified bed rest while having a toddler, as well as a home daycare.  One of the children I was watching kicked me hard in the tummy which sent me to the ER one more time.  Again, the baby was strong and healthy.  On Feb 3rd I had a follow up ultrasound for the SCH and found out that it was healed!  PRAISE GOD!

Here was my facebook announcement a week or so ago. 

I am now 15 weeks and have a typical, healthy pregnancy!  We had such a roller coaster of emotions that the first trimester went by so quickly.  There were so many times and days that I had accepted that we had lost the baby then a few days later we were on cloud nine knowing that we were still pregnant... and not only pregnant, but a week farther ahead!

I have started showing quite a bit earlier than with River.  I also feel like I'm carrying much higher. Hopefully we will have an early ultrasound on Wednesday to determine gender, however, when I was 16 weeks with River we were told he was girl! I won't start buying clothes or painting the nursery after that appointment. 

Boy or Girl, either way this little boy is going to be such a great BIG BROTHER!


Now I will leave you with some cute videos that were NOT posted on fbook. :)  Enjoy!












2 comments:

  1. SO happy for you! I'm sorry you had such a roller coaster ride at first. Maybe you're just getting an early idea of what this one's personality is going to be like??!!

    Congrats to all the Basnett/Haugh family!

    ReplyDelete