Monday, June 17, 2013

June 10: Stagecoach State Park



We woke up and had oatmeal (for the boys) and a protein bar and apple for myself, for breakfast.  We wanted quick and easy b/c we were packing up. 

It didn’t take us too long to pack up and get moving this morning and we were headed to our next spot before 10am. 

Our drive to our next spot was back through RMNP where we saw even more animals. This time we were able to see three moose. One was a momma and baby moose. 



For some reason this drive was not our most comfortable. I was feeling sick and realized that my sugars were WAY high for some reason, and Riv was just so cranky.  He’s developed this horrible cough, and with lack of sleep, not eating healthy AT ALL and being in the car most of the time, I think he was just DONE.  I have a goodie bag at my feet of small toys that were given to us and he has never seen.  I pass one back when he starts to get a bit cranky and it entertains him for about 5-10min. 
The drive was BEAUTIFUL….. about 2 ½ hrs longer than expected… but beautiful.

Some pics of new toys from the good I bag

Pic of an unhappy boy and my birthday flowers still traveling with us. 
I see you! 



We finally made it to our next destination; Stagecoach State Park in Oak Creek.  Our site is right on a beautiful lake and surrounded by rolling green mountains. As we pulled in, the lady told us that the electric was broken and even though we paid for it, we would not have electricity.  She offered a different less aesthetically pleasing spot, but we decided to stick with site #16.  I’m pretty sure it took ½ the time to set up this time!







There was a slight “mishap” with our cooler full of cold food as all of our meat thawed, the ice melted and everything was sitting in about 5inches of bloody meat water. (I know, lovely).  We lost a little bit of food, but I’m sure we’ll be fine.  Our ice is now in ziplock baggies.

We were excited to go out to eat for tonight’s dinner in Steamboat.  Todd picked the place as he wanted a burger and fries and we ended up at McKinley’s Pub. I got an amazing curry and veggie dish, Todd got his burger and fries and Riv would only eat French fries.  His diet is SERIOUSLY lacking this trip. 

Since the drive took us MUCH longer than planned we didn’t get to hang out at Steamboat.  We drove straight back to camp, and Todd fished, while River played and I crocheted a bib for the new baby. 







Unfortunately, my ankles, feet and hands have decided to start swelling so I was ready to lay down,  put my feet up and be done for the night.  We were all in bed by 9:30, but little man did not stop talking until almost 10:30, which was about 5 min ago.  I decided to spend the evening writing everything down so I don't forget.  

Most of today was spend in the truck, which was not expected. However, we did see a new beautiful part of Colorado.  I am ready for the next adventure tomorrow

1 comment: