Friday, June 7, 2013

Basnett Family Vacation: camping all around Colorado

We are headed out on an 8 day "camping" trip tomorrow morning.  There has been quite a bit of planning for this trip.  Todd has mapped out our route, and made reservations for all of our campsites.  This was actually quite a bit of work.  He was sensitive to the family's needs and only planned 2-3hr drives each time with the exception for the last drive home on Sunday (about 5hrs).  If you scroll down to a previous post you'll see the route we'll be taking.  

I have made lists and lists. I know you can't read this, but it's just an example of ONE of the lists I made... this is the packing list.  There was also a list for meals, groceries and food to pack.  With the exception of the meals they were all about 4 pages long.  Then of course I had to price match everything; don't want to over pay! :)  


Then came the process of laying everything out. This is the first run for mine and River's clothes. 
 Then it was time to put it all in a suit case.  I was a little overly ambitious for this one.  I thought I could fit it all in my medium purple suitcase... should've gone with the large one. 
 We got almost everything in the purple one, but then I forgot things like a couple pair of shoes, swim gear, the diapers, and a few other things. So now we have another very small carry on for the rest. 
Then came the food. I laid out all the non refrigerated foods on the table the night before then packed them all into two clear large tuperwares.  
 The refrigerated food will stay in the fridge until the morning we leave which we'll put into coolers on ice to keep cool as long as possible.  We will have to stop half way and replenish the refrigerated food 1/2 way through. 
And we're "on the road". :) 


I have some pictures on the computer but and only able to update on my phone due to lack of Internet service. I'll update with more pics as soon as we have real Wifi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment